Friday, January 17, 2014

Library Project!!



I am joining Adrienne at Chezzetcook Modern Quilts

She is hosting a year long quilt along, to try and get us 
actually making quilts with the patterns in quilt books we buy.

I have many books, many patterns that are on my to-do list
or on my "maybe someday" list

This isn't all my books either


This quilt along has got me moving
I have already got a big jump on my Vintage quilt,
more about that in the next day or 2

First up

I will be making the Vintage quilt by Camille Roskelly


From there, and in no particular order...


I am going to make Butterfly Kisses,
into a wall hanging for my summer entry way


This layer cake quilt for my sister


The Plus quilt for a grad gift!

again from Simply Retro

The Dwell quilt, again I will be making this one into a wall hanging
for my entry way

I have seen this book ALL over the quilt blog land in the last few weeks,
Love the sampler quilt, going to attempt one this year!!


I forgot a few other patterns that were tucked away and
not in my patterns binder, but I think that is a good enough start for now!!

We are going to meet up once a month
to update our progress, 
should be fun

Happy Friday
Stay warm









8 comments:

Jeanette said...

We chose projects from the same book-Simply Retro. I love the patterns you chose as well-we can cheer each other on!

Dominique said...

Hi Conni, as I am going around to other library projects participants, I am picking my favourites. Now I land on your blog and I love your choices too! I really like the houses from Camille's book. I'll be checking back to see your projects!

Jenn @ A Quarter Inch from the Edge said...

I don't have any of your books, but seeing the projects you've selected makes me want to run to the library/bookstore. I don't think that's the goal of TLP, but it sure seems to be a common thread amongst the bloggers participating! Love the plus quilt.. and I've been resisting the lure of Vintage Quilt Revival. I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out!

Jo said...

What a great collection of patterns! looking forward to seeing your progress. Good luck :)

Heather Campbell said...

I love what you picked. I bought Simply Retro for my mom for Christmas and it is really full of wonderful projects. Can't wait to see yours :)

Ella and Nesta said...

I really like what you've choosen. I wish I had those books and patterns. I especially like the Dwell Quilt.

Adrienne @ Chezzetcook Modern Quilts said...

Conni! Suck great picks! Vintage Quilt Revival has been on my list and right now it is so tempting because you are right, it is everywhere! I love the Simply Retro book too. Another to add to the list! Thanks for quilting along :)

Ruth said...

Lovely projects - I really like the vinatage quilt and the sampler blocks will be gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...