A few weeks ago I set my February goal
I set out to make a Carpenters Star quilt
in an extra large queen size for my brother and his wife
These are the fabric we chose,
a mix of purple and grey, both light and dark
So I set to work
This is the inner star,
what you can't see in this picture is that it almost takes up my whole
design wall, which forced me to move down to the basement for the
rest of the project, where there was enough room for it all.
the entire star, without the borders
Sorry for the poor colour pictures, remember I said I was in my basement
This was my first big project on my new machine
I had lots of room to move it around.
I quilting it straight line, following the star pattern
I really should have taken a picture of the back of the quilt,
the pattern of the quilting looked awesome on the solid backing fabric
I made the side borders wider than the top and bottom, for extra over hang on the sides of their bed
They were very happy with how it turned out
My brother is still a little upset I didn't use any "camouflage' Fabric
I am very happy with how it turned out too!!
Stay warm, it's -30 here again in Saskatchewan!!